Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coconut Milk speeding up ketosis

My friend whos been doing keto for years and years claims Coconut Oil and Coconut Milk are speeding up ketosis, according to him you can reach ketosis in a matter of hours if you consume it..

It sounds really strange to me and i can't really imagine what should promote ketosis in it. It's like 2g protein 2g carb and 18g fat pr 100ml, so at least i got a new exciting cooking ingredient..

Anyone heard anything about it or got experience with it? Im gonna try it out after my next carbup but if someone already tried it out and it's simply a rumor i dont really feel like it.

Oh yeah, Coconut oil is even better. its apparently 0 carb..

Input?

Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Don71 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use coconut oil for my eggs. gives me a nice little burst of extra energy....not sure about the 'Ketosis in hours' bit. Never done that for me.

optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want ketosis in 10 hours this is what you do.

10 sets of 10 Deadlift, squats,bench.

Then jump on the treadmill. Jog for an hour....do some crunches...jog for 30 min. Drag your ass home....

oh also only consume fats for the day. That's what I do.
    I "HAVE" to transform...this is disgusting!

waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ekke View Post
    My friend whos been doing keto for years and years claims Coconut Oil and Coconut Milk are speeding up ketosis, according to him you can reach ketosis in a matter of hours if you consume it..

It sounds really strange to me and i can't really imagine what should promote ketosis in it. It's like 2g protein 2g carb and 18g fat pr 100ml, so at least i got a new exciting cooking ingredient..

Anyone heard anything about it or got experience with it? Im gonna try it out after my next carbup but if someone already tried it out and it's simply a rumor i dont really feel like it.

Input?

Interesting..I have lots of organic coconut oil in my cubpboard, and am on my second day of keto,.. will add it in and see if it helps.. That stuff is great and tastes great too!

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's the rush to get into ketosis anyways? If you're just trying to lose fat as quickly as possible you'd just be better of not eating the extra fat in the milk/oil. Unless you get hungry and binge or something when not in ketosis.

That being said coconut oil is great for cooking. Extra virgin is supposively very healthy for you. I used to use it instead of butter on toast.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHeaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Choc whey made with coconut milk... Mmmmm
    Some people have the oil in their prewo meal for the energy boost, great for frying n spreading.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Coconut oil contains alot of MCT's which get converted into ketones at a high rate.

However, that is, also, why some people like Mauro DiPasquale (Anabolic Diet) do not support it's use. He feels it bypasses the energy pathway the diet is trying to establish. "The body ends up bypassing the very metabolic processes that the Anabolic Diet sets up: to burn its own fat and use the long chain fatties as a primary energy source."

I do use it at times for a quick energy pick me up right before a workout if I am just really dragging.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) New_York has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They sell coconut oil/milk at Walmart??
    ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ɔqɯq underground █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂
    ***DJMctits Crew***

cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ramone23 View Post
    They sell coconut oil/milk at Walmart??
    I've seen it selling there, but they didn't offer any virgin/unrefined coconut oil, so it wouldn't taste as good as the higher quality stuff. But it's fine if all you want to do is cook with it.

As for coconut milk, Walmart probably carries the Thai Kitchen brand.

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the stuff's super calorie dense isn't it?

Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Clamz View Post
    the stuff's super calorie dense isn't it?
    It's like 300kcal pr 100ml, 3g protein 3g carbs 18g fat.. pretty much exactly the same as double cream.. at least the stuff from the local store. Bought some today, totally gonna make curry chicken in coconut milk with bamboo shoots ;p
    Last edited by Ekke; 12-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Location: birkenhead, merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    croppstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Input?
    i really dont know how this works but it seems to,my keto strips have not moved above light pink for weeks however within about 3 hrs of consuming two tbl spoons of coconut oil the strips where one off the darkest purple,word of warning it is like trying to eat vaseline,i find the best thing to do is to melt it and mix it into my protein drink.I also tried mixing cocnut milk with my whey an its really nice.

Q:does any body know if there is something in coconut oil that effects the result of the keto stick?

p.s im pretty strict with my carbs always 20grm or less and i never do carb up.
    "Get ripped or die tryin"

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello, to tell you the truth, i love butter, oil and coconut oil, but I have a very slow metabolism and i also got to take consideration the amount of calories i eat in the day. That's why i quit adding oils and butter to my diet, what i do is that i get my fats from the natural fats of eggs, cheese, and chicken that i eat in the day

Input?
    http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use coconut oil every day. It's great for cooking, especially eggs becuase the eggs suck the oil into it nicely and they fluff up like pancakes. Coconut oil is also an antixoidant. There are certain ones in the fat and it's does kill of bacteria and stuff. It's also great for your thyroid. To get the full benefits you should use 3tbsp a day. I do and cook eerything in it. It's all saturated fat which is what you want to cook in because saturated fats are the most stable at higher tempertaures and won't turn into free radicals an get rancid like vegetable oils do that are full of omega 6 fats with a bad ratio to omega 3. So stay AWAY from canola, corn, soy, safflower, sunflower, peanut oils. Olive oil is good too since it only ha 1.5g of polyunsaturated fats but don't cook stuff at to high of a temperature with it
    Why So Serious?

Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds good.

Meh I should jump on a treadmill after my carb up but I value my recovery days (inactive days) too much. Was craving a swim today for some reason but kept to resting!

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Coconut fat is an MCT which means it is not stored so if you dont take it and burn it off it is excreted . nothin to do with ketosis just that more fat is being excreted .

though I wonder if the " C " in mct (being chain) would help long and short chain fats bond better somehow .. kinda bridge the gap and help excrete other forms of fat as well ?

hmmm
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Yutes and Cropstar, Nice to see a couple more brits here :-)

I have used coconut oil for a little while now. Its not the virgin stuff that tastes like coconut (too expensive) Its just refined, tastes of nothing £1.60 a jar stuff.

I have it when frying but also added to my black coffee before the gym sometimes, and it does give a boost when I need it.

I'd like to taste the virgin unrefined oil as everyone says its tasty, but not at £8 for 200gms

I want to try Makro at some point to see if they sell it on the cheap :-)