Diet going well but I'm experienceing hair loss??

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Diet going well but I'm experienceing hair loss??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Skinnythisyear 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• gusti
    63 year old female, petite, 100 lbs Share high cholestrol (everyone in my family has it) & just was pronounced ‘borderline’ high sugar Started the diet Jan. 2014 and have been on it 4 months I find it easy (I’m a small eater) and on fast days have a happy emotional state — feel good about myself I’ve lost 6 lbs and hope to discover my sugar level has been reduced One thing of GREAT concern, is I’ve started to lose hair. I’ve been on an intermittent Rogaine/minoxil treatment which gave more hair than ever before. But, all of a sudden, lots of hair is falling out. I’ve returned to male Rogaine & use it 2x per day. It’s NOT that I’m starving myself.. On non-fast days I eat normally — veggies, fruits, protein and too many carbs. HAVE ANY OF YOU EXPERIENCED HAIR LOSS?????

gusti, 57 year old female, my hair was thinning before I started 5:2, if anything the thinning has *stopped* progressing since I started 5:2 six and a half months ago. As far as I know, dietary culprits with hair are too little protein, iron, some B vitamins, vitamin C, or biotin; or, conversely, possibly too much sugar. Of course there are other (mostly unknown, I think) factors, too. I hope you are getting benefits in terms of your blood sugar and cholesterol, at least. Congratulations on your weight loss 🙂

I agree with Fanfit. I have less hair loss than before 5:2. Perhaps consult your doctor and get a blood test? You might be lacking something?
    Best of luck
    Stef.

I have been experiencing hair loss for about the last five years, I am 48. I have had bloood tests but nothing showed up so I tried regaine which did slow down the loss. Since losing weight (17lbs) I have noticed the hair loss is much slower. I have also started a menopace supplement as I know it can be difficult to get all your vitamin and mineral needs met by food alone. Hope it settles down gusti I know how distressing it can be. Keep posting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.