+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class Proof Of Funds Question

nngafook

Jun 28, 2016
So as stated here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

I am currently in Canada on a work permit (not working) and I was invited under the CEC, but I still have to provide a proof of funds document. Currently, my funds will NOT match the amount required in the table, not even close.

Will this be a problem, or will they simply ignore it cause of the CEC invite?

Thanks!

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nngafook said:
So as stated here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

I am currently in Canada on a work permit (not working) and I was invited under the CEC, but I still have to provide a proof of funds document. Currently, my funds will NOT match the amount required in the table, not even close.

Thanks!
if you are invited under CEC, you donot need to show any Proofs of funds , thats just for FSW category ! because IRCC wants to make sure when they get their PR they wouldn't be a liability to canada and can support themselves/family.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However , if you do decide to Show the proof of funds for CEC, you don't have to meet any requirements as there are none associated with CEC category . you can just show whatever you have in your bank and make sure write LOE saying something like " i have been invited under CEC hence the proof of funds requirements doesn't apply in my case"

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nngafook said:

It is not a problem, but no, you do not ignore it, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
Hi ! I received the ITA under the CEC program, I do understand that I dont have to meet the required funds, however, is it possible for me to submit a letter from my father as my sponsor plus his bank statement to proof his has the money to sponsor me? Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ! I received the ITA under the CEC program, I do understand that I dont have to meet the required funds, however, is it possible for me to submit a letter from my father as my sponsor plus his bank statement to proof his has the money to sponsor me? Thank you!
You could, but you'd be wasting your time.