+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Opening a new thread for September 2020 Citizenship applicants - Please keep the discussion specific to citizenship application, progress and tips. Let's not deviate too much from the topic here. Thanks.

<<Looks like the previous thread was deleted by admins because someone shared discord link>>

Please update your information in the September Spreadsheet in the 2020 Citizenship applications tracker.
Goodluck Raj for your application bro !

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Good luck!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Location (city): Toronto
App type (single or # of people): Family - 4
Physical presence days: 1450
App sent date: 08/28/2020
App delivered date: 09/01/2020

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Good luck everyone , Halifax application for family of 5 , sent on August 29 and delivered today Sep 1st , 1105 days of presence

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Hey! My first post in about 3 years haha

i sent out my citizenship application today. Will probably be delivered on Sep 4th or Sep 8th.

single
Ottawa
Days in Canada: 1100

don’t see a sheet for September yet on the google doc

question, at what stage does the application move to the processing office and how do you know which office is processing your application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey! My first post in about 3 years haha

i sent out my citizenship application today. Will probably be delivered on Sep 4th or Sep 8th.

single
Ottawa
Days in Canada: 1100

don’t see a sheet for September yet on the google doc

question, at what stage does the application move to the processing office and how do you know which office is processing your application
The link to the Google sheet is in my signature. I will add your details. Let me know once the application has been received.

The application is initially processed at Sydney, NS office and then sent to the local visa office based on your location.

sjb83

Sep 2, 2020
Question about PR card while I'm waiting for the Citizenship Application. I'm going to be sending off my Citizenship Application at the end of this week, so I guess it will get to Nova Scotia next week sometime. The current wait time for it to be processed says 12mths. My PR card is going to expire in April 2021 - should I apply to renew it now? Or what will happen if my PR card expires while I'm waiting for my citizenship application? Can I still work and use my SIN?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Question about PR card while I'm waiting for the Citizenship Application. I'm going to be sending off my Citizenship Application at the end of this week, so I guess it will get to Nova Scotia next week sometime. The current wait time for it to be processed says 12mths. My PR card is going to expire in April 2021 - should I apply to renew it now? Or what will happen if my PR card expires while I'm waiting for my citizenship application? Can I still work and use my SIN?
This has been mentioned NUMEROUS times on the forum but I will mention it again.

Your PR status and PR card are completely different entities. Your PR card expiry has no bearing on your PR status and needless to say, no bearing on your SIN, work in Canada or your Citizenship application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

Losing your permanent resident status
You don’t lose your permanent resident status when your PR card expires. You can only lose your status if you go through an official process.

Yes, you can apply to renew your PR card now.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/who-can-apply.html

You should only apply for a PR card if:

• your card has expired or will expire in less than 9 months
  • your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed
  • you didn’t receive your card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada
  • you need to update your card to:
    • legally change your name
    • change your citizenship
    • change your gender designation
    • correct your date of birth
Also, if you factor in the current Covid-19 related processing delays, we might be looking at much more than 12 months of processing time.

Reactions: royce110